Phone: (027) 87556513
Academic Areas: Signal Processing
Wang Shu is the Professor at School of Electronic Information and Communications in Huazhong University of Science and Technology. His research spans signal detection, processing and transfer. He focuses on aerosol detection such as: smoke detection, optical smoke sensors, ultrasound gas detection, and wireless sensor networks. He is widely published in the scholarly journals in signal processing and detection technology. He has been granted some Chinese patents, and his work has been featured at the field of automatic fire detection systems in China. He teaches in some signal processing programs at School of Electronic Information and Communications as well as Digital Signal Processing for undergraduate students, Advanced Signal Processing for graduate students, and Communication Signal Processing for PhD students. Recipient of the Best Teacher Award, the first prize of Progress of Science and Technology from Hubei Province in China, he has also borne projects from the National Natural Science Foundation of China.
PhD in Communication and Electronics Systems, 1998, Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
M.E in Communication and Electronics Systems, 1988, Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
B.E in Radio Techniques, 1982, Huazhong University of Science and Technology.
At Huazhong University of Science and Technology since 1982. School of Electronic Information and Communications , Professor (1999-present); School of Electronic Information and Communications , Associate Professor (1995-1999); School of Electronic Information and Communications , Lecturer (1985-1992)
At Duisburg University, Germany, (1993-1995), The Institute of Communication Technology, Visiting Scholar.
- Algorithm for capturing primary relaxation processes in excitable gases by two-frequency acoustic measurements，Measurement Science and Technology, 2013, 24（3）
- Decoupling multimode vibrational relaxations in multi-component gas mixtures: Analysis of sound relaxational absorption spectra，Chinese Physics B, 2013, 22(1)
- Adaptive Sparsity Matching Pursuit Algorithm for Sparse Reconstruction, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, 2012, 19(8)
- A novel range-free localization based on regulated neighborhood distance for wireless ad hoc and sensor networks, Computer Networks, 2012, 56(16)
- Multi-hop distance estimation method based on regulated neighborhood measure, IET Communications, 2012, 6(13)
- Signal Processing Algorithms for Fire Location Using Temperature Sensor Arrays, Fire Safety Journal, 2005, 40(8)
- Discrimination of Smoke Particles Using Infrared Photoelectrical Detection, International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, 2001, 22(1)
- Fire detection and its signal processing, in Chinese, Wuhan: Huazhong University of Science and Technology Press, 1998
· Digital Signal Processing
· Advanced Digital Signal Processing
· Communication Signal Processing